FlightCare TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plan
Your TRICARE health insurance plan wasn't designed to cover everything. With medical expenses on the rise, your out-of-pocket costs with your TRICARE coverage can quickly become a financial burden.
A FlightCare TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plan with AFSA can help cover what TRICARE doesn’t. FlightCare works hand-in-hand with your TRICARE coverage to help pay more of your covered medical bills—including hospital stays, doctor visits, and prescription drugs.
Why Choose the FlightCare TRICARE Supplement with AFSA?
- Guaranteed acceptance1: AFSA members under age 65 cannot be turned down for FlightCare
- Competitive rates: Enjoy affordable group rates negotiated exclusively for AFSA members
- Excess Charges: Pays excess charges (up to 15% above the TRICARE-allowed amount)
- Freedom: Choose any TRICARE-authorized doctor you want
- Portable protection: FlightCare will stay with you even if you move or change jobs
- Dependable coverage: Your coverage cannot be cancelled—regardless of number of claims—up to age 65
Our TRICARE supplement insurance plan is underwritten by The Hartford2, an insurance provider that has been named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" twelve times by the Ethisphere® Institute.3
1This policy is guaranteed acceptance, but it does contain a Pre-Existing Condition Limitation. Please refer to the brochure for more information on exclusions and limitations, such as Pre-Existing Conditions.
2The Hartford® is The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including underwriting company Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company. Home Office is Hartford, CT, 06155.
3"World’s Most Ethical Companies" and "Ethisphere" names and marks are registered trademarks of Ethisphere LLC.
Who is Eligible?
AFSA members under age 65 and their families are eligible to enroll, including:
- Military retirees and their families
- Spouse and children of active duty members
- TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS) members and their families
- Dependents up to age 21 (23 if a full-time student) or under age 26 if enrolled in TRICARE Young Adult (TYA) program
This website explains the general purpose of the insurance described, but in no way changes or affects the Master Policy AGP-5964 as actually issued. In the event of a discrepancy between this website and the policy, the terms of the policy apply. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Policies underwritten by Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company detail exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits and terms under which the policies may be continued in full or discontinued. Complete details are in the Certificate of Insurance issued to each insured individual and the Master Policy issued to the policyholder. This program may vary and may not be available to residents of all states.
TRICARE Form Series includes GBD-3000, GBD-3100, or state equivalent.